Thursday, April 15, 2010

PASSWORD'S

When I was younger I had passwords that ranged from the name of boys I had crushes on to random things like Cool Tools82, Talons68, Chicken Moo11 and so on. I made sure no one would ever figure out my passwords!
My passwords now are a little more sophisticated.
Now I have about 10 or so different passwords. They get more and more complicated!
* CAPS, non caps, symbols, numbers*
Whats next? Will I have to write on the keyboard upside down or lick the screen for DNA verification?
WHAT I do know is what NOT to use as passwords at work.
i
~You think you know but you have no idea....True story~
A few years ago with my old employer I was out sick for a few days and I get a call from my manager.
I
It went something like this
Phone ringing
"Do you think your better off alone.....do you think your better off alone?"
[THIS WAS MY RING TONE AT THE TIME]
Mady: ::Cough cough:: Hello
l
Manager: HI Madelyn , I am sorry to bother you I know you are sick but we are all locked out of the system and we need you user name and password in order to access the site
{PAUSE}
i
Mady: OK...let me see if I remember it (An attempt to stall bc I knew my password very well)
{PAUSE}
i
Mady: My user name is Mady123
{PAUSE}
i
Mady: And my password is
{PAUSE}
i
Mady: I....H...A...T...E...M...Y...J...O...B...69
{CRINGE}
i
--MADY TO SELF: "Holy F BOMB!!!"
i
Manager: Ok lets give it a minute
i
--MADY TO SELF: "OH YESSSSSSS! They didn't catch on to what those letters spell...sweet
i
Manager: Repeat the password so I can write it down in case we need it again
i
MADY TO SELF: "Faaaaaaaaack!"
i
Manager: You know what never mind we are in won't be needing your info anymore. Feel better and you are the best employee in the company :)
i
TRUE story people...ok I made up the part about my manager saying I was the best employee in the company, but I know he was thinking it!
i
SO word of advice when creating passwords
i
Stick to things like:
Unicorn123
GODisGreat48
Blessed444
I_Love_My_Job
Employed4Lyfe
i
And stay away from things like:
iIhateMYjob69
GoldenShowers69
TossMySalad
F*ck_My_Boss
Screwed4Lyfe

4 comments:

  1. You're kidding right!? I'm in class loling. 69 of all numbers? "SLUT!"

    My passwords are ALWAYS "TOSSMYSALAD".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like 69...I am more of a 68 girl...do me the favor and I owe you one..HA HA!!!

    For a long time TeaBag & DirtySanchez were in heavy use for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly type I'm laughing so much!!!! Especially that 68 comment - I should add it to my list of life mottos.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit, I needed that laugh so bad... thank you!

    ReplyDelete